- Institute of Neurosciences
- Advanced diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services for brain, spinal cord and nervous system conditions.
- Robotic Surgery Center
- Allows specially trained surgeons to deliver an unmatched level of precision for less pain and quicker recoveries.
- Heart Care Center
- State-of-the-art, comprehensive care for heart disease including emergency intervention, diagnosis, advanced treatment, rehabilitation and preventive education
- Baby Place (Perinatal Center)
- One of 11 State-approved level III regional perinatal intensive care centers located in St. Petersburg.
- Level II Trauma Center
- Academic Training
- Affiliated with USF Morsani College of Medicine
Provides a central shared-use infrastructure to support the state’s ocean and marine science education and research programs.
2 State of Florida research vessels
Recently led national effort in scientific assessment of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
GOMURC (Gulf of Mexico University Research Consortium)
Unites the marine-related, University-based consortium located in each of the Gulf States, representing 77 public and private universities.
Enhances Gulf of Mexico coastal marine science, oceanography and related management programs through communications, education, research, and public outreach; promotes activities of educators, scientists, and agencies responding to state, regional, national, and international issues; and advocates for Gulf science and education with policy-makers.
Conducts pediatric medical education and clinical research to help provide world-class care in more than 50 pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties.
Hosts over 300 IRB studies.
Began a collaborative and innovative pediatric residency program with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine on July 2014.
Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Institute
Institute for Brain Protection Sciences
Cancer & Blood Disorders Institute
Research and education center under construction, aimed at finding new discoveries and treatments for childhood diseases.
7 floors and 225,000 square feet, with an auditorium that can seat 250 people.
Will provide a simulation lab and the state’s only pediatric biorepository.
The Port of St. Petersburg, known as Port St. Pete, is owned by the City of St. Petersburg.
- The only superyacht marina on Florida’s Gulf coast
- Secrets of the Sea Marine Exploration Center and Aquarium
- A consortium of the USF College of Marine Science, the U.S. Coast Guard, and NOAA soon to move into the Port visitor’s terminal featuring 11 exhibits and a 3D theater.
Aiming to elevate journalism, Poynter reaches thousands of journalists around the world through a combination of seminars and e-learning courses.
Trained journalists from 126 countries in 2015
Maintains training partnerships with more than 20 major media organizations, including Gannett, Google, National Geographic and Univision.
The Innovation Lab @ Poynter
Provides co-working space to small, local startups.
The University of South Florida College of Marine Science is a research intensive graduate college aimed at understanding the ocean’s impact on humans, and vice versa, and at providing solutions to make these impacts as positive as possible.
- Focused on interdisciplinary research in marine science at the graduate level including the fields of biological, chemical, physical, and geographical oceanography, as well as Marine Resource Assessment.
- 13 labs
- 4 Ocean Modeling, Ocean Sensors, and Real-Time Data Systems
- Receives on average $21 million/year in research funding.
- Institute for Marine Remote Sensing
- Focuses on the analysis of digital data obtained by satellite and airborne sensors, and on the development of applications of these data at local, regional, and global scales to provide a better understanding of the world oceans on a large spatial and temporal scale.
- Center for Ocean Technology
- Provides development engineering expertise and at-sea support to the College of Marine Science and is dedicated to advancing technology in oceanographic research through active collaboration with the College.
- Has been instrumental in the development of leading-edge biological, chemical, and physical oceanographic sensors.
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg, commonly known as USF St. Pete, is a separately accredited institution in the University of South Florida System, located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. Key assets for the St. Pete Innovation District include:
- Kate Tiedemann College of Business
Accredited by AACSB International for both business and accounting, a double distinction held by only 1% of business schools globally.
- Center for Science & Policy Applications for the Coastal Environment (C-SPACE)
Researches problems affecting coastal areas, with a focus on Florida’s Gulf Coast, pertaining to freshwater, water-borne pollutants, and management and policy of coastal freshwater and marine ecosystems.
- Nelson Poynter Memorial Library
March 21 @ 11:30 am
Philanthropy, Social Justice, Racial Healing & Community Health – Speaker Who Inspires
Speakers Who Inspire – Dr. Gail C. Christopher Award-winning social change agent, former vice president and senior advisor to the… Read more »
March 21 @ 5:00 pm
The Monthly Board of Direction Round Table – Raising Capital for Start Ups
Entreprenuers! Join Seedfunders founders Dave Chitester and Irv Cohen for a monthly roundtable discussion focused this month on “Raising Capital… Read more »
March 21 @ 5:00 pm
TEC Garage CO.STARTERS – applications due 3/21
What is TEC Garage CO.STARTERS? CO.STARTERS is a 9-week facilitator-led course, offered once a week for three hours. The cohort based… Read more »
March 23 @ 12:00 pm
St Pete Chamber of Commerce – Pelican Playoffs
The Chamber is partnering with Tampa Bay Club Sport to put on the 1st Annual Pelican Playoffs – an opportunity… Read more »
March 24 @ 1:00 pm
Dali & Beyond Film Series: Brooklyn Castle
The Dali & Beyond Film Series features an eclectic selection of films – both familiar and fantastic – with monthly… Read more »
March 29 @ 11:00 am
The Best of Me: A Woman’s Journey in a Man’s World
MEET AWARD-WINNING COMBAT PHOTOGRAPHER STACY PEARSALL — hear her story and see her photographs that document the humanity and violence… Read more »
March 29 @ 6:00 pm
Games at The Dali: Surreal Simul Chess
In conjunction with our Dali/Duchamp special exhibition, we invite you to Games at The Dali. On select Thursdays during the exhibit (February… Read more »
April 4 @ 9:00 am
Women’s Pop-Up Co-Working Day
Are you looking for a place to work from for a day? Collaborate with other women? Get one on one… Read more »
April 8 @ 4:00 pm
Los Vinos de Dali 2018
Los Vinos de Dali features a variety of fine wines, plus tastings from top restaurants and live music, all on the picturesque downtown… Read more »
April 10 @ 8:30 am
TECH Talk – April 2018 “Startups and Raising Capital”
The April Diary of an Entrepreneur program, “Startups and Raising Capital,” will be presented by Tom Wallace, managing partner of… Read more »
April 14 @ 6:30 am
Swim Across America Tampa Bay
Swim Across America – Tampa Bay Open Water Swim and Pool Swims event will be held at North Shore Park… Read more »
April 16 @ 5:00 pm
EX LABS Boot Camp (Applications due April 16)
USFSP students of all majors are invited to apply for the Ex Labs Boot Camp! Ex Labs is a 5-day… Read more »
May 10 @ 8:00 am
The State of the Nonprofits in Pinellas County
Please join the Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg for the release of the first comprehensive county-wide scan and survey… Read more »
May 19 @ 7:00 am
Run for All Children 2018
Our 5th annual Run for All Children benefiting Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital will be held on Saturday, May 19th,… Read more »
October 25 @ 5:30 pm
Social Venture Partners Tampa Bay – Social Innovation Fast Pitch
AN YOU CHANGE THE WORLD IN 3 MINUTES? The Social Innovation Fast Pitch is a business pitch competition that supports nonprofits and… Read more »