- Institute of Neurosciences
- Advanced diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation services for brain, spinal cord and nervous system conditions.
- Robotic Surgery Center
- Allows specially trained surgeons to deliver an unmatched level of precision for less pain and quicker recoveries.
- Heart Care Center
- State-of-the-art, comprehensive care for heart disease including emergency intervention, diagnosis, advanced treatment, rehabilitation and preventive education
- Baby Place (Perinatal Center)
- One of 11 State-approved level III regional perinatal intensive care centers located in St. Petersburg.
- Level II Trauma Center
- Academic Training
- Affiliated with USF Morsani College of Medicine
Provides a central shared-use infrastructure to support the state’s ocean and marine science education and research programs.
2 State of Florida research vessels
Recently led national effort in scientific assessment of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
GOMURC (Gulf of Mexico University Research Consortium)
Unites the marine-related, University-based consortium located in each of the Gulf States, representing 77 public and private universities.
Enhances Gulf of Mexico coastal marine science, oceanography and related management programs through communications, education, research, and public outreach; promotes activities of educators, scientists, and agencies responding to state, regional, national, and international issues; and advocates for Gulf science and education with policy-makers.
Conducts pediatric medical education and clinical research to help provide world-class care in more than 50 pediatric medical and surgical subspecialties.
Hosts over 300 IRB studies.
Began a collaborative and innovative pediatric residency program with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine on July 2014.
Maternal, Fetal & Neonatal Institute
Institute for Brain Protection Sciences
Cancer & Blood Disorders Institute
Research and education center under construction, aimed at finding new discoveries and treatments for childhood diseases.
7 floors and 225,000 square feet, with an auditorium that can seat 250 people.
Will provide a simulation lab and the state’s only pediatric biorepository.
The Port of St. Petersburg, known as Port St. Pete, is owned by the City of St. Petersburg.
- The only superyacht marina on Florida’s Gulf coast
- Secrets of the Sea Marine Exploration Center and Aquarium
- A consortium of the USF College of Marine Science, the U.S. Coast Guard, and NOAA soon to move into the Port visitor’s terminal featuring 11 exhibits and a 3D theater.
Aiming to elevate journalism, Poynter reaches thousands of journalists around the world through a combination of seminars and e-learning courses.
Trained journalists from 126 countries in 2015
Maintains training partnerships with more than 20 major media organizations, including Gannett, Google, National Geographic and Univision.
The Innovation Lab @ Poynter
Provides co-working space to small, local startups.
The University of South Florida College of Marine Science is a research intensive graduate college aimed at understanding the ocean’s impact on humans, and vice versa, and at providing solutions to make these impacts as positive as possible.
- Focused on interdisciplinary research in marine science at the graduate level including the fields of biological, chemical, physical, and geographical oceanography, as well as Marine Resource Assessment.
- 13 labs
- 4 Ocean Modeling, Ocean Sensors, and Real-Time Data Systems
- Receives on average $21 million/year in research funding.
- Institute for Marine Remote Sensing
- Focuses on the analysis of digital data obtained by satellite and airborne sensors, and on the development of applications of these data at local, regional, and global scales to provide a better understanding of the world oceans on a large spatial and temporal scale.
- Center for Ocean Technology
- Provides development engineering expertise and at-sea support to the College of Marine Science and is dedicated to advancing technology in oceanographic research through active collaboration with the College.
- Has been instrumental in the development of leading-edge biological, chemical, and physical oceanographic sensors.
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg, commonly known as USF St. Pete, is a separately accredited institution in the University of South Florida System, located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida. Key assets for the St. Pete Innovation District include:
- Kate Tiedemann College of Business
Accredited by AACSB International for both business and accounting, a double distinction held by only 1% of business schools globally.
- Center for Science & Policy Applications for the Coastal Environment (C-SPACE)
Researches problems affecting coastal areas, with a focus on Florida’s Gulf Coast, pertaining to freshwater, water-borne pollutants, and management and policy of coastal freshwater and marine ecosystems.
- Nelson Poynter Memorial Library
Innovation Labs: Introduction to Creative Thinking & Problem-Solving
An Introduction to Creative Thinking & Problem Solving A true Creative Problem Solving 101, this course identifies your personal innovation… Read more »
April 27 @ 9:00 am
6th Annual STEM Expo
Discover a world of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics at the 6th Annual PCS K-12 STEM Department’s STEM Expo. The… Read more »
April 27 @ 9:30 am
A triple shot of science for here, please (Taste of Science)
Start your weekend with a cup of Joe with a triple shot of SCIENCE! This special morning edition of taste… Read more »
April 28 @ 9:30 am
Coastal Threats and Keep Pinellas Beautiful Clean-up (Taste of Science)
Join us as we closeout or week-long festival for a morning at Gandy beach dedicated to community service and science!… Read more »
Rise of the Rest
We are excited to have Rise of the Rest stopping in the Tampa Bay area. If you are interested in… Read more »
May 6 @ 6:30 pm
The Arts and the News
Why Tampa Bay needs the arts — and arts journalism. With world-famous museums like the Dali, award-winning performing arts institutions… Read more »
May 7 @ 8:30 am
The Future is Here – Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org Dr. Byron Clayton is an advocate for early adoption of versatile, safe robotics that lower the barriers of… Read more »
May 7 @ 7:00 pm
David Mearns: The Shipwreck Hunter
David L. Mearns is a USF graduate student alum and the holder of three Guinness World Records for shipwreck finding,… Read more »
May 23 @ 7:30 am
Sunnyside Up: Re-Imagine Driverless Cars
The Kate Tiedemann College of Business & the St. Petersburg Downtown Partnership invite you to attend Sunny Side Up: Re-Imagine… Read more »
September 24 @ 5:30 pm
State of Science 2019
The Innovation District is the professional home to hundreds of scientists, doctors, and technologists. These individuals are leaders in their fields… Read more »