This contractor position is funded until December 31, 2021. It is anticipated this will be a part-time position. Working hours and work location are flexible based on how the contractor would like to accomplish the tasks.
The St. Petersburg Innovation District is a public-private partnership based south of downtown St. Petersburg. Its mission is to develop St. Petersburg into an environment that fosters job growth, economic development, and learning and inspiration by bringing innovative people and organizations together. The District focuses on enhancing the physical infrastructure, recruiting new businesses, assisting with the expansion of existing organizations, and coordinating collaborative events and/or groups. All of these activities strengthen the city’s target industries clusters and increase economic activity. Additional information about the Innovation District can be found on the District website or in the 2020 District Report.
• Coordinate the District’s outreach. Tasks include develop stories for social media and monthly newsletter, establish content calendar, reshare partner organizations content, produce newsletter, update the website, expand engagement.
• Manage the District committees. Tasks include develop project plans for committee initiatives, provide logistics support for meetings/events, produce meeting minutes, track action items. Committees include District’s Equity Task Force, Ocean Team, Smart City Steering Committee, STEAM Working Group, and Communications Cohort.
• Support community activities. Tasks include work on behalf of the District on community initiatives that further District priorities. Community initiatives include the Digital Inclusion Working Group, and Inclusive St. Pete.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Ability to work independently.
• Reliable and focused.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to conceptualize and organize new projects.
• A positive attitude and sense of humor.
• Commitment to treat everyone with patience and respect.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration or related field.
• Previous experience in organizing materials, tracking, and meeting deadlines with ideally two years of project management experience.
• Strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Impeccable and concise communication and presentation skills – verbal and written.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Familiar with professional use of social media outlets such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
• Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) and project management (PM) software and/or ability to quickly learn new technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Email a detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com and put Community Outreach Coordinator in the subject line. You will receive an email response to confirm receipt. Submissions are due by 5:00pm on Friday, March 26, 2021.